while i was busily living in the past and churning out my memoirs of newsroom life, i got meemed twice, and got a very nice award from dumdad. the first meem is from Crown Princess, and it's actually one i've done before--seven random facts about myself. because there really aren't more than seven random facts about me (i'm not very interesting), i'll just link to my previous answers here. go there if you want to read about hamburgers, rod laver, and red shoes.
(i love the name of crown princess's blog: "Oooh, a shiny pen.")
the second meem came from -ann. as i prepare to answer it, riley and boscoe stare at me. you've taken over our blog for long enough! it is clear they are saying. so i'm going to let them help me on this one. it has plenty of questions to go around. it's the "eight things" meem.
8 things I'm passionate about (answered by BOSCOE)
4. bully stix
5. rolling in the grass, and sometimes eating the grass
6. collecting, herding, and hiding all the puffy toys
8. romping with riley
8 things I want to do before I die: (answered by RILEY)
1. kill another squirrel
2. kill a rabbit
3. kill a crow
4. run all the way up a tree to the top branches
5. go on an all-day walk
6. roll in something extremely foul and not have it get washed off
7. poke my head through a moon roof while zipping down the road
8. get my hands on some cheese
8 things I say often (answered by RILEY)
1. "we're never gonna get to go" (re: walks)
2. "in a box, in the closet" (re: toby)
3. "zip it." (re: no!)
4. "there's snow in the alley' (re: walks)
5. "i'm not mad, i'm just disappointed." (re: short walks)
6. "i'm just a little guy, but i'm hungry."
7. "chase me!"
8. "Too loud." (re: doug's music.)
8 Books I’ve read recently (or am still reading): (answered by ME)
1. "Ulysses" by james joyce (less than two hundred pages to go)
2. "Lonesome Dove" by larry mcmurtry (and all the sequels and prequels)
3. "The Life of Pi," by Yann Martel
4. "Amongst Women,' by John McGahern
5. "Metro Stop Dostoevski," by Ingrid Bengis
6. "Fall on Your Knees," by Ann-Marie MacDonald
7. "The Law of Dreams," by Peter Behrens
8. "The Long Walk: A True Story of a Trek to Freedom," by Slavomir Rawicz
8 Songs I Could Listen to Over and Over (And do!):
i don't listen to music much, unless i'm in the car. then i tend to listen to the same thing over and over until i'm sick of it, and then i move on to something else. recent CDs i've done this to: "Taking the Long Way," by The Dixie Chicks, "Modern Times," by Bob Dylan, and a homemade compilation of Billy Bragg.
8 Things that Attract Me to My Best Friends: (answered by BOSCOE)
1. they play with me
2. they feed me
3. they scratch my ears
4. they don't mind (very much) when i stink up the house
5. they rub my belly
6. they feed me
7. they take me for walks
8. they feed me
8 People I Think Should Do Crazy Eights:
3. Menopausal old bag
4. Retired and crazy
5. M. J.
7. Jo Beaufoix
and, finally, a terrific and attractive award from Dumdad. i'm quite honored. this is a particularly nice award because he created it and bestowed it on a dozen or so of us. we are not allowed to pass it on; it's strictly an award from him.
here's what he says: I am handing out a special award to some fellow bloggers who have made this blogging lark so much fun.
here's to you, dumdad, and back atcha. it will live proudly, front and center, in my trophy case.
1 hour ago