Ten below again this morning. I am trying to pep myself up here, so I've been coming up with a list of benefits of this weather. It's a very short list, so I hope you add to it for me. Keep my spirits up until the weekend thaw--or until spring.
1. Intense cold for long periods of times kills lots of insects, including invasive species, so we should have a more pleasant summer. (Except it has no effect on our state bird, the mosquito.)
2. The dog walks are stress free because there are no other dogs, people, bicyclists or roller bladers around.
3. I need a hat, which means nobody has to see my uncombed rat's nest on the morning walk.
4. Frozen dog poop is very easy to pick up and odor free.
5. It's very pretty. The frosty trees, the shadows on the snow, the bright blue sky. OK, I've run out of positives. Your turn. Help a girl out.